Who We Are and What We Do
Our primary purpose is to protect the public interest. We attract people who share our values and believe in our purpose — those of exceptional ethical character who do the right thing not just because it’s paramount but because it’s also in their nature. Above all, we are trusted to ensure students and members meet our profession’s standards and embrace our code of conduct.
CPA Ontario Plays Multiple Roles
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring our members meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We serve and support 87,000 members and 19,000 students in their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting, business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academia. And, as the governing provincial body of a self-regulating profession, we play multiple roles:
Serving our members and students with a commitment to quality and efficient delivery.
Providing certification, continued training and learning for profession.
Developing cutting-edge ideas and thinking that evolve the profession.
Upholding the public's trust in and ensuring the integrity of the profession
Championing the interests of our profession with the business community and beyond.
Our Core Values and Behaviours
The following values and behaviours are key to CPA Ontario’s culture. They are reflected in the work we do, how we treat each other, and how we represent ourselves.
- Think and act with a student and member-first mindset while protecting the public interest.
- Always strive for the highest levels of professionalism.
- Be open-minded and nimble as we adapt to an evolving environment.
- Strive for personal accountability in everything we do.
- Act with integrity at all times, in all situations.
- Adopt a "one company" mindset, collaborating across functional lines
- Align activities and efforts to focus on results and outcomes
Office Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm ET
For any questions/concerns feel free to contact our sales team at:
For any questions/concerns feel free to contact our customer service team at: